CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
If you are a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys tackling technical and business challenges this internship is for you. You will work under the supervision of one of our engineering leaders and also be assigned a mentor for the summer. You will become part of a team of people that are all gadget junkies, gamers, musicians, couch potatoes and/or film buffs that are very passionate about the information our sites provide and understand what the user wants to see. We are very focused on getting the user what she/he wants as fast as possible.
The software engineering intern will help build tools, services, and data processes to support our highly trafficked sites. Responsibilities will extend to any of the applications associated with CBS Interactive’s initiatives including front facing applications and back-end services. An interest in web technologies from a technical and product perspective is very important.
- Time commitment: full-time, 40 hours per week during our regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm) but times may vary per team
- This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
- Experience developing software with PHP, mySQL and JAVA
- Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Currently working towards a undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
- Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier on-line content network for information and entertainment. Our brands dive deep into the things that people care about across entertainment, tech, news, business, games and sports. With over 1 Billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and the largest premium content network on-line.
CBS Interactive offers both entry level and internship opportunities across our various brands and locations. We offer the best of both worlds — an advancing, digitally-based environment coupled with the history of a media giant. Whether your dream job is in tech, media, sports or games, build your career here and help create the content we all love.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram!